Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Short Track Week 6 - Series Finale!

Well this week my race was not so hot. I got off the start line really well and was riding in 2nd place for about 3 laps - then I got passed by Julie Browning who is just an absolute queen on her bike - she's so fast! I was still holding my place until about the end of the fourth lap (out of 5) when I somehow managed to flip myself over on my back when I hit a ledge I was trying to ride up. ugh. I laid there like a little beetle on my back while a couple women shot around me. I hopped back up and tried to ride off....only to be met with the most atrocious noise coming from my bike. I got off and looked at my rear cassette to discover that I had completely shredded the housing on my rear derailleur cable and kinked the actual cable itself. Sniff. I walked my bike along the course to where Thor was cheering and he helped me untangle the mess so I was able to ride again - just not shift. At this point I was definitely in last place and was only able to catch one masters rider while I finished my final lap. Dang! Crappy way to finish the series, but at least I didn't DNF! Here's a video that a fellow racer took using their helmet cam at the race on Monday. The actual racing starts at about minute 2 of the video and gives you a pretty good idea of what the course looked like. There are links to other still pics below the video.

Now Playing: Race 6 (HelmetCam) from Scott Barker on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment