Friday, August 1, 2008

Growing Iris

I am sitting here at work messing around with how to turn hard copy pages of information that I want to save into electronic files that I can post to my blog. My mom gave me this handout on growing iris that has some good information, however I know that I will loose this piece of paper in the next year -- or get sick of it sitting in a pile at my house and just recycle it. I figured out if I scan the page into the computer and then save the file as a jpeg I can upload it to the blog as an image file! If you actually want to read the page just click on the image and it will come up 'full size' and readable in your web browser. Now next spring when I want to read about what I'm doing with my iris I'll be able to access this information quickly & easily. Sweet!

2 comments:

  1. So are you going to tell me why my giant iris have not bloomed this year???

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're quick! i'm just messing around trying to figure out how to load PDF files to my blog. Um...not sure why they haven't bloomed this year. Maybe your rhizomes have too much dirt on them? ;)

    ReplyDelete