Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Short Track Mtn. Biking

I have been racing in the Portland Mtn. Bike Short Track series this summer. These races are held out at the Portland International Raceway (PIR) where they have a motorcross course set up - we race different variations of this course each week for six weeks.

This week my mom was driving through Portland on Monday night so I was able to talk her into stopping over to watch the race. She got some great pictures!

Here I am at the start (black helmet with visor - about third from the right). My teammate Beth is to the left of me in the picture - and my friends Lindsay & Megan are the two riders to my right. The start was crazy this week and they sent us off in loose gravel and one of the girls went down about two pedal strokes in. It was a mad scramble to get around her without causing another crash!


A shot of me riding straight through the 'wooded' part of the course.


Rounding a corner on the course.



Here I am on the backstretch - you can see other riders on the motor cross course in the background.




1 comment:

  1. Love the biking photos! Sarah, you are an animal. I wish I could do something like this.

    ReplyDelete