Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wooden Bridge Farm

LOOK at these beauties!!!!


Thor loves - and I mean LOVES - fresh eggs. So when I stumbled into a little stall at the Eastbank Farmers Market two weeks ago that was selling fresh eggs I knew I'd stumbled onto a gold mine. I almost bowled a woman over in my haste to secure a dozen eggs for Thor as a surprise (and good thing I did too - it was their last dozen of the day at 4:30). When I got home I told Thor to close his eyes & hold out his hands and I carefully placed the carton into his outstretched hands. "EGGS!!!!!!" Thor screeched , and then immediately looked at me out of the corner of his eye and said, "Why didn't you get more?"
So last week I went back, dutiful wife that I am, and bought two more dozen. This time around the farmer himself, Dan Turner, happened to be working the stand. Turns out he delivers eggs to Portland every two weeks and you can get on his delivery if you commit to eggs for a quarter. His new quarter was just about to begin (today, in fact) -- so Thor & I hopped on board for 2 dozen fresh eggs every two weeks through the end of August. YUM!!!!! I'm not sure you can get on mid-quarter - but it's worth shooting him an email (woodenbridgefarm@gmail.com) if you're at all interested. Wooden Bridge Farm eggs are absolutely delicious!


2 comments:

  1. Thats so nice that you were able to get on his list to reserve them! They have great eggs at the farmers market here too, but if you're not there before noon they sell out, and I'm pretty sure you can't order them. But more often than not I'm there in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's such a bummer to get there late and miss them. Now we have tasty eggs all summer long!

    ReplyDelete