Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Around the Garden Update

I thought it was time to post a few updated shots of the garden now that we've been getting some sun! The carrots are going wild (bushy tops towards the left in the picture) - but they're not that big yet (I tried eating one - still thin & flavorless) -- I'm really most excited about the rhubarb considering that it started as nothing when I originally planted it in April. The poppies along the back fence are all doing well too -- we should have some large, blue Himalayan blossoms soon!


I made my first harvest of peas last night. Yum!!! I feel like these peas just exploded off the vine early this week. I swear we didn't have any this past weekend and then when I looked yesterday there were a ton. I put them in my salad and they were delicious ( I might have saved one or two peas for Thor...maybe).



Here's a shot of one of my tomatoes that I started from seed - they are doing great. I think this plant is about 2 feet tall right now and it is just starting to get some blossoms.


1 comment:

  1. Man, your garden is incredible! This black thumb here needs to take some lessons from you....

    ReplyDelete