Monday, June 16, 2008

A Weekend in Seattle

On Friday we hit the road for Seattle and arrived in town around 9:30pm. We scooped up Kathryn and headed off to our favorite restaurant: Santa Fe Cafe. They have the best tortilla soup & chile relleno tart - try it! I had a Havana Side Car for the first time on recommendation of the bar tender. Very good - not too sweet - which I thought was a nice change from most sugary cocktails.
Saturday morning we got up early and met my Aunt Susanna at Coastal Kitchen for breakfast.

Kathryn, Thor & I all had the Huevos Rancheros and they were excellent. Last spring we went here for breakfast with Thor's mom and his uncle, Fred. Fred had the Huevos then and we were all super jealous - so it was nice to get back there to try them myself.
After breakfast we headed to the Olympic Sculpture Park in downtown Seattle. It was Thor & I's first time there and I really liked the way they had the park laid out. Here's a shot of Thor & Kathryn in front of my favorite sculpture - a series by Richard Serra.


After our trip to the sculpture park we were in bad need of a second injection of caffeine! So we tottered by Herkimer's near Kathryn's house and then headed home for an afternoon of garden work. I thinned tomatoes & pulled dandelions while Thor busted out Kathryn's concrete path that lead from her back door out to her garage. Very exciting.
We decided to go to the Mariner's game on Saturday night even though they were playing a terrible team, the WA Nationals. We figured the Mariner's were so bad it might be an evenly matched game and therefore worth watching. Here are a couple shots from our evening at the ball park - it was CHILLY - but we had a great time.



1 comment: