Monday, November 23, 2009

Grammi's Birthday Gauntlets

I finished my Grammi's birthday gauntlet gloves the other day! Her birthday is this Saturday, November 28, but I have no fear of spoiling the surprise since I know she doesn't read this blog. They are knit out of Lamb's Pride worsted weight wool in a dusky rose color. My grammi thinks fingerless gloves are silly, but my mom tells me her hands have been getting rather chilly at dialysis when she wants to read - so maybe she'll reconsider their potential practicality this year!






I found the pattern online, and usually when I do that I'm good about noting the website or designer - but I must have completely spaced that this time because I can't for the life of me figure out where I pulled the pattern from. I scanned it in though, and you can click here to see the pattern I used. It's 'easy' - but not at the same time. There is nothing hard about what the pattern is asking you to do, but at the end when it says "knit left gauntlet basically the same as the right" what you actually are supposed to do is reverse the pattern on your own - I would recommend just writing out the pattern for the left gauntlet before you start knitting - it's too easy to get mixed up trying to just reverse everything in your head!

2 comments:

  1. They look great Sarah, and I agree, I am sure she will love them! Happy Birthday to Grammi :)

    ReplyDelete