Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cross Crusade #7 - P.I.R.

Last week on Sunday was the second to last race in the Cross Crusade series for 2009. The event was held up at PIR - and the weather was perfect. By perfect I mean it rained for about 5 days before the event - and the POURED during the women's race, so the course, was slippery, technical, and covered in mud. Perfect.

A shot to give you an idea of how deep the mud was covering most of the course - it was like riding through peanut butter.

Photo from PDX Cross

Towards the beginning of my race - when I'm not totally covered in mud yet.

Photo by OregonVelo

Running uphill carrying my bike.

Photo by Jenn Levo

A shot back down the hill so you can see the mud, water, and barriers!

Photo by Jenn Levo

Getting ready to re-mount my bike.




Photo by Jenn Levo

Running over the top of a concrete bunker that was on the course.

Photo by OregonVelo

1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a fun race. I wish I could have been there to watch or participate!

    ReplyDelete