Monday, November 10, 2008

SSCXWC Day #2

Sunday was the second day of SSCXWC craziness here in Portland. Abby & I didn't race until 3:50 on Sunday - so we had a little extra time to race around looking for last minute costumes at Goodwill. I picked Abby up at about 12:30 and 20 minutes of mad searching produced one sequined tube top (me), one black mini-skirt (me) and a 'great' prom dress for Abby to wear to Cx Prom in December.

The race had all sorts of great extras - like a windmill over the course (running during our race - like a gauntlet that we had to time just right), a bubble-machine (see pic below) and a marching band!

Special guest Ryan Trebon was there. Hah hah! Now I can say I raced 'with' Ryan (he actually was in my single speed race...I think he might have actually lapped me twice!)

Here's a picture of the bubble machine - they had this running during the race and we all rode through it.


Abby & I before the race.


The highlight of the race was probably the drum band that was playing on the course - I LOVE it when they come to the races! Here's a video montage of the the drum band with clips from Cx races this season. Make sure you have your volume on!



Here's a final shot of Abby & I after the race - we had a great time!


3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures and especially the video of the drum band - they must really help get the blood running and the legs pumping out on the course. With those big smiles I know you and Abby had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Great bubble machine picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to rent that bubble machine for a party. I can just imagine...awesome.

    ReplyDelete