Tuesday, November 18, 2008

CX #8 - Cross Crusade State Championships

Last Sunday was the CrossCrusade state championships out at the Washington County Fairgrounds. I had my best race of the season and finished 7th in the Women's B category. Hooray! A perfect way to finish out the season.
My good friend Stacy and her little pup, Gus, came out to cheer and she captured some great pictures of me running through the mud. A lot of people thought the course was really boring because it was so flat, but I loved it. The hills just kill me!
I have two friends that ended up state champions after racing their butts off all season. Beth Burns (who you saw in the picture with Lindsay last week) is now the Women's 35+ OR Cross Champion and my friend Margi's (see picture below) boyfriend, Scott Bradway, is the Men's A 35+ OR Cross Champion. Pretty sweet!

Me riding along the bumpy flats.


Running through the muck. (It didn't occur to me until after the race that I was actually slogging through poop. ick. Fairgrounds...arena...it's not like I haven't been to a state fair before. You think I'd have put that together before the race).





A picture of me sort of smiling running through the muck.


Megan Murray, myself and Margi Lifsey after the race - very happy to be done with racing!


A full shot of Abby & I both so you can see just how muddy we actually got. I don't think my shorts will ever be the same.


Here is a video of the course - it's a really long one because they put a lot of footage from the Men's A race in at the end....not my favorite format, but it will give you an idea of the course and the mud!


No comments:

Post a Comment