Monday, November 17, 2008

Aunt Julie comes to visit

My mom and Aunt Julie flew in last Friday afternoon and amused themselves while Thor and I were slaving away at our day jobs by poking around jewelry shops up on NW 23rd and visiting the old Aldag family home on SW Broadway. Once Thor and I were able to escape from work we headed home to pick the ladies up for an evening out at Nuestra Cocina - one of Thor & I's favorite restaurants. A couple margaritas, a pitcher of sangria and some excellent entrees later we were barely able to roll ourselves home and collapse on the couch. Aunt Julie was out for the count, but my mom, Thor & I managed to stay up long enough to watch an episode of the BBC's Planet Earth - I love that program!

On Saturday we got up early and Thor made some of his infamous lemon ricotta pancakes for breakfast. Yum! After that we headed down to the Portland Farmer's Market at PSU -- I had actually never been there before in my three years here in Portland (too much biking on Saturday mornings!) Here are some shots of the market:





These are two piggy noses that I found for the dogs - Laea and Annie loved them.

Aunt Julie, myself, and my mom at the PSU Farmer's Market.

1 comment:

  1. Hey cousin. I love the food photos and your smile totally looks like your aunt's. I started a food blog hohlfoods.blogspot.com if you care to read it. I guess we might see each other soon if Grandma passes away. I'm planning on going to Utah for the funeral. What about you guys?

    ReplyDelete