Thursday, January 17, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Fouscous Cauliflower - plus bonus!

I love it when you figure out a new way to cook an old favorite.  In this case: cauliflower.  During the winter months Thor and I eat curry-roasted cauliflower like it's our job. Between the two of us we can put down an entire head of cauliflower as a side at dinner if we don't reign ourselves in. It's that good. Buuut - even favorites can get a little routine, so I was intrigued when I came across a recipe that used cauliflower as a replacement for rice.   The recipe is from the website The Clothes Make the Girl (rapidly becoming my go-to site for reading/researching Paleo-friendly recipes) - and it's called Fouscous Cauliflower.  Basically it's a rice pilaf without the rice and it is two things that I crave in a recipe: 1) delicious, and 2) mindlessly easy.

Next days lunch - fouscous and green beans. Yum!

The bonus recipe of the week isn't really a true-recipe. I just made it up to use up some ingredients in my fridge: basil-arugula pesto without cheese. Yuuuum!  So good in eggs, or mixed into dressing.  Here's what I blended together:
  • 2 cups mixed basil and arugula
  • a handful of toasted walnuts
  • 6 roasted garlic cloves
  • sea salt
  • enough olive oil to make a paste



No comments:

Post a Comment