Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Vibrant Addition to our Parkstrip

We've had an empty space at the east end of our parkstrip for awhile that I haven't known what to do with - and today, while on a run with Adele, I figured it out!  We passed this intriguing looking shrub with no leaves, but absolutely covered in little bright violet berries - great winter color!   So immediately upon getting home I trotted over to the Portland Nursery with mom and picked one up.  It's a Callicarpa bodinieri 'Profusion' - or Profusion Beauty Berry.     I planted it today too (maybe not optimal given that it is 30-degrees outside...but it was outside at the nursery so I'm choosing to believe it will be fine).

Image from www.plant-pictures.net

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful choice! It will be nice to have some winter color!!

    ReplyDelete