Monday, March 12, 2012

The Usual. Biking + Spontaneous!

It was another fun, yet relatively low key, weekend at Casa Tingey! Friday night we gathered with buddies to begin plotting our trip to BC this fall. It will be a mountain biking trip (is anyone surprised) and we chatted about some possible trails we'd like to hit up. First things first though - I need to figure out how much vacation I will have accrued by then!

Saturday we rolled out on a 65-mile road ride with Dan & Laurie and only got rained on once! We felt pretty lucky about that - and the ride set us up nicely for our mellow evening of going to check out our team's new beer sponsor - The Commons Brewery. These guys make only Belgian ales - and they are delicious! (Dad - it's a date next time you find yourself in Portland!) We thought we would only be out for one beer - but our team is filled with fun people! So we let our arms get twisted into a late night trip to Bunk Bar as well. Conclusion: fried cauliflower is amazing!

Sunday = CPR class! Thor has sat through this multiple times, but I think the last time I had first aid training of any sort was when I received my Red Cross babysitters ID card back in the early 90's. Oof. It was definitely time for a refresher! Anyhow - that was time well spent, and we rounded off the day with a spontaneous dinner with an old friend who we hadn't seen in months. It was lovely! (then we got home at 10PM and I had to bake the bread that I had been planning on making for dinner before we ended up doing spontaneous dinner. The house smelled sooo good around 11:15 that Thor and I had to scamper downstairs for a bedtime snack. Yum!)


Thor on the ferry mid-bike ride
It didn't smell funny out there - I swear!
awesome post card received from Anna!  Wish my name inspired such cool stationary!
The Tireless Crew - such great people!
Late night sourdough magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment