Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our Time in Mancos

This post is loooooong overdue. The worst part is that I've actually had these photos loaded onto the blog for about 3 weeks now, I just haven't gotten around to writing anything to go with them! So - in the interest of getting them up while they are still somewhat relevant I'm going to minimize text and just give a super brief caption for each shot. We had a GREAT time in Mancos visiting Sheri, and it was so relaxing to spend time at her new house!

We spent one of our days hiking at Canyons of the Ancients. Here is a shot of one of the dwellings built into a wall.

Thor and I in the dwelling. I have to admit I wasn't 100% sure this was okay, but we were assured it was okay to climb in - so I did. Hopefully some ranger doesn't see this picture and fine us!
Views from our hiking trail.




Another dwelling we saw as the light was getting low.


Sheri, Thor & I at Sheri's house our last day in Colorado.
On our drive back to Portland Thor and I swung through Arches National Park. Thor had never been here, and I think I was in 5th grade when my family went on a car camping trip through the south-west, so it had been awhile for me too! We lucked out with gorgeous clear skies and it was a treat to see the arches close up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment