Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mountain Biking in Moab!

On our way to Colorado for Christmas Thor and I stopped in Moab for a day to do a little mountain biking. It was a touch-and-go decision because Moab has had more snow this year than they have in about 20 years, but Thor kept in contact with the guys at Poison Spider Bicycles and they let us know that the SlickRock trail was partially melted out - so we bit the bullet and loaded our bikes in the truck!

Sunday morning we woke up to a COLD morning, but with beautiful sun and blue skies!


Here I am standing on an ice puddle - it was definitely nippy outside and we were concerned about how cold we were going to be on our bikes!


Once we got moving though we heated up quickly - and were soon shedding layers. It ended up being the perfect temperature for riding! Although riding on the 'slick rock' was a lot of fun, I don't think I'd trade it in for single track. Enjoy our pictures!





2 comments:

  1. You two are total fun bunnies!!! Great photos. It is -1 F. this morning in Moab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss the desert, I am super jealous you were in Moab...although I am not crazy about the cold...

    ReplyDelete