Thursday, October 2, 2008

My First Fundraiser

Last night my friend Dawn & I went to a fundraiser for Barack Obama - it was my first time attending a fundraiser and I have to say I had a good time. This particular event was all women and involved wine - lovely! The speakers they had were Cyreena Boston - who is a very insprirational young woman running for State Representative and Renee Mitchell - a former columnist with the Oregonian. Both were well spoken and motivational - although the crowd didn't get as fired up as I was expecting it would.

One fun aspect of the evening was the silk screeners that were there making t-shirts! If you brought your own t-shirt they would print a slogan of your choice on your shirt for you. There were three designs - and here's a shot of my new pink, political t-shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment