Monday, October 6, 2008

Early October Blooms

Here are three blooms that opened up this past weekend while we were away in Sunriver. It is a pleasant surprise to find that there are plants in our yard blooming into the fall.

Our tiger lily has finally blossomed! I was beginning to wonder if we had mis-identified the plant. These little flowers are so delicate - they are only a little bigger than the diameter of a quarter.


This stunning dahlia is on the west side of our house tucked in underneath the lilac tree. I love the fringed petals and delicate pink color.


I wasn't sure this dahlia was going to bloom at all. My mom & I moved it into a barrel in the back of the yard and it has been straining to reach out into the sunlight all summer. I was planning on transplanting it to a better spot later this fall - and now I'm glad I waited since it was a late bloomer!

No comments:

Post a Comment