Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cross Racing in Astoria - The 'Halloween' Races

LinkThis past weekend Michelle, Abby & I went to Astoria, OR for 2-days of cyclocross racing and Halloween fun. Saturday was the 'serious' race and then Sunday was the Halloween cross race where everyone dressed up in costumes - it was a blast! The three of us dressed up as Sarah Palin in red suits with sashes that had 'Palinisms' on them. The credit for this idea goes entirely to Michelle -- Abby and I were super skeptical about the costume idea up until the last minute, but the costume idea turned out to be a real crowd pleaser!

Below I'm attaching a bunch of links to various sites with photos from the weekend. Enjoy!

Remember to check out PDX Cross for their awesome black & white shots of the Cx races.

Here's the link to a picture of myself clearing the six-pack of barriers on the first day. Thor says he thinks it might be the first time he has seen both of my feet off the ground at the same time. (I don't like to jump!)

The three 'Palins' - winking at our constituents!

A picture of the 'Palins' from the back.

If you would like to see all the pictures from the weekend in Astoria you can visit Oregon Velo's photo site to see pics from all the races on both days.

Finally - here's a video from the race on Sunday. It's a men's race, but we raced exactly the same course so you'll be able to see what we rode. We had absolutely gorgeous weather!

2 comments:

  1. Erica was kind enough to forward me a link to your site. I have to say that I'm a bit jealous of weekend cross and mtb trips. Moving to Oregon would give me a perfect excuse to buy a cross bike.
    By the way, there's a great picture of the Palins on Jason Sager's site.
    http://www.jasonsager.com/blog/2008/10/astoria-holloweencross.html
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cyclocross pic! And to continue the Palin fun, you can find out what Sarah would've named you if you were her child...I would've been Crank Widow Palin...http://politsk.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah_13.html

    ReplyDelete