Monday, August 11, 2008

Oakridge Mtn. Biking!

This past weekend we went to Oakridge, OR for a great weekend of mountain biking and camping with a group of our friends. Our group consisted of our friends Sean, Tom, Shana, Becky, Josh, Megan, Sarah, Thor & myself. We left mid-afternoon on Friday and camped at Black Canyon Campground just outside of Oakridge. Our plan was to ride the Alpine Trail on Saturday and the Middle Fork of the Willamette on Sunday. Here's a video of the Alpine Trail taken by a local rider via his helmet cam:



Here's a shot of us getting ready to leave the Subaru for the shuttle on our way to ride the Alpine trail


Becky, Sarah, Megan & Josh at the parking lot before the ride.


The crew trying to fix Sarah's brake. Her lever decided to start sticking mid-ride.


At the beginning of the ride we were disappointed to end up in the rain! Fortunately it cleared up before we started riding downhill, but here is a shot of Megan & I riding across a meadow in the mist.


One of the many overlooks on our trail showing off how much farther we had to descend.









Somehow I managed to load my pics all out of order and I can't figure out how to re-arrange them now that they're posted. hmph. So these shots of Josh are actually from Sunday at the top of Moon Point - the trail we road before dropping down onto the Middle Fork.






These shots are of myself, Sarah & Becky before the ride on Saturday at the Alpine Trail.












Here is a pic of me looking really sad after I tried to do a track stand on my bike and ended up crashing while still clipped in instead. Oops!






Becky & Josh out on Moon Point at the beginning of our ride on Sunday.


Thor & I in the same spot!


Here's the group. From the left: Sean, Megan, Becky, Thor, Josh & squinty Sarah!


Sarah & Megan in their matching outfits. Aren't they just the cutest?

No comments:

Post a Comment