Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Anna's birthday!

Today is Anna's birthday -- and looked what bloomed in our garden this morning just in time to celebrate!!! It's a gorgeous dahlia -- a deep cherry red with bright yellow tips on the petals. It is huge - larger than a softball! I wish I could give it to Anna as a present on her big 2 - 6 (um...you are turning 26, right?) but she will just have to make do with this picture until she decides to move to Portland (shameless plug for Anna to leave Hawaii and move closer to me!)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dahlia!!! I have only two blossoms so far, but some buds have appeared on the plants. I need to take more photos. Last winter I took one dahlia plant inside, let it go dormant, then replanted. It's huge this year, but still just one giant blossom so far, and September is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, its beautiful! Anna can't leave hawaii though...who else are we all supposed to crash with when we want to visit the islands???

    ReplyDelete