Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kokopelli Trails

Well it's a good thing we left the vote out yesterday - because Fruita redeemed itself with the Kokopelli trails today - they were great! Super fun, rolling singletrack -it was fantastic! The only bummer was that I managed to endo on about a 2" rock and smack my face in the ground. Hmph. AND i wacked my hip and hit my femoral nerve, so my whole right quad is numb. It could have been MUCH worse though, so overall I feel lucky that I was able to ride away.

We started out the morning nice and easy reading at camp before meeting Tony (the guy we met from pdx earlier in the week) to ride. We had a blast riding with him, and clocked close to 30 miles with him - a solid day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Bummer!!! Now you have a true battle scar. It will be the subject of much talk around the water cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave wants to know if anyone showed up at your yard sale? ;)

    Sorry to see the wounds on such a pretty face; hopefully they heal fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahh hah - tell Dave he's funny. in fact - I did have two young men as witnesses to my epic face plant. It was a good thing they were there too - because Thor & Tony didn't hear me go down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. finally getting caught up on the world of blogging and had to say that you are my hero. love the nasty battle wound and hopefully it wasn't as painful as it looks. you rock!

    ReplyDelete