Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter! Plus pics from our last two rides

Hello! Our fabulous trip is coming to an end, and we're wrapping up a
great Easter Sunday here in Colorado with Sheri and Daphne. We had a
delicious breakfast at Seasons in Durango (I had an amazing grilled
cheese with pesto, tomato, mozzarella, chevre, portabellas and
prosciutto. Yum!) - followed by an afternoon of puttering and watching
'The Dark Crystal' - a Jim Henson classic! It was snowing here - so a
slow afternoon was perfect.

On Friday morning we rolled out of the Fruita area to head back to
Moab. We spent the afternoon riding the Slickrock trail, and after
banging myself up on Thursday I took it slow. We rode this trail 1.5
years ago when we came through for Christmas 2009, and it was fun to
get on it again - both Thor and I thought it was easier than we
remembered, although there are still a few climbs that are so steep we
can't climb them!

Saturday a.m. we got up early and drove from Moab into Cortez to ride
at Phil's World with Fred again. Those trails are great! Nice and
rolling single track - Thor and I are both jealous that Fred gets to
ride them on a regular basis!

Since it was our last ride Thor and I swapped pedals so I could try
out his bike (an Ibis Mojo HD). His frame is a little large for me,
but I could still tell a huge difference in the frame geometry -the
slacked out head tube angle rolls off obstacles much more easily. The
HD is soooo much fun - it just WANTS to catch air! I couldn't believe
how much more comfortable I was jumping on his bike due to a) how
easily the bike takes off, b) how stable it is in the landings. (and
just to keep things in perspective, by 'jumping' I'm talking about 2
ft of air MAX. Nothing crazy). Anyhow - now of course I'm lusting
after a 6.5" travel all-mountain bike. Sigh...a girl can dream,
right? :)

1 comment:

  1. What awesome rides! I'd love to try all of those trails.

    ReplyDelete