Sunday, March 27, 2011

Piggly Wiggly Weekend Ride

Last weekend (I know, I know - late AGAIN!!) the weather was terrible (as it has been all 'spring' so far). Thor and I were determined to go biking, however, and so we ignored the NOAA radar report and headed out to the gorge to ride anyways.

Here is what it looked like as we approached Hood River. It never got better.



We rode about 6 six laps out at Syncline - which had both of us thoroughly pooped by the end.  It poured on us the entire time, and was probably only about 38 degrees. Not exactly the best ride we've ever had, but we decided it was good training.

A couple of years ago Thor bought me this great jacket (a Sugoi that I don't think they make anymore) - and it finally bit the bust on this ride.  As Thor put it: "it molted." It has been getting little holes here and there, but I think this ride was finally just too much for it, and the pouring rain just disintegrated what was left of the shell.  R.I.P. Sugoi shell - this jacket hit the trash before we left Hood River.

3 comments:

  1. 6 laps! You were doggedly determined - I think I would have hit the Brew House a lot sooner. Last spring up in Vancouver, Sugoi was still selling that rain jacket, so I think it's still out there to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you commented on the blog - yay mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. It is rare indeed when people wear something until it actually wears out. Kudos to you for going back to our roots. I was just reading Justin's grandfather's memoirs(he just passed away last week) and he said he remembers when people only had a max of four outfits total. One work outfit, one "on the town" outfit, one Sunday outfit and maybe a party dress or a lounge around the house outfit. Can you imagine? I have about a thousand articles in my closet(that were all given to me by my shop-a-holic mom) that will never ever get worn out. I'm ashamed. BTW, I'm 12 weeks prego with #4. Yea! I have loved having three that we're just forging ahead. The only problem is that I have to start another blog! Nooooo! haha.

    ReplyDelete