Monday, March 14, 2011

Sun & Snow - A fun filled weekend

Last weekend (the first weekend in March - so yes, I'm behind) - we had a fun weekend of playing in the outdoors - and got some sun AND snow time in!  On Saturday we went back country skiing with our friends Margi & Scott up near Mt. Hood - it was the first time Thor and I had been on our skiis in over a year (!) - and it was such a treat to get outside to play in the snow. I miss it!  The snow was heavy and wet, and Thor did quite a few summersaults over his ski tips, but overall we had a fantastic time.

On Sunday we rolled out to Syncline to test ride the 29ers that Thor has been busy building up in preparation for the XC race season.  Mom, Annie & Laea came with for a great day of riding in the sun - followed by a tasty brew and lunch at Everybody's Brewing in White Salmon.  I almost had a mini meltdown on the uphill when I ran out of snacks, but fortunately we ran into the Chris King crew out riding and one of them had an extra bar in their backpack. Crisis averted!

With the 29'ers at the start of Sunday's ride.
Mom & Annie - enjoying the sun.
The view from the top.
Laea with her 'stick' she found at our rest point.
In between runs on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Great photos!!! And now I get to see the new Niner and Gary Fisher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thor on a single speed 29er? I'm just looking out my window for flying pigs... Nope. Hmmm... It has been a little bit chilly here in Las Vegas. (We're a good barometer for the current weather in Hell.)
    It any case, it's good to welcome you both to mountain bike enlightenment. Hopefully our paths will cross sometime this year.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Johnny - haaah hah hah! so true - I think I do remember thor swearing he would never ride a hard tail SS. I have to say I was reluctant to go to a hard tail as well, but so far it has been fun - and it is WAY faster than my 5.5" travel squisher (but I think I still like that bike more). You two need to get some big travel bikes - then we'll see who's enlightened!

    ReplyDelete