Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Berry Picking

This past week Anna came to visit from Hawaii! (Which I think I mentioned in my earlier post). She & Kathryn drove down from Seattle on Monday night and Tuesday I took the day off so we could head out to Sauvie's Island to go berry picking. We headed out to the Pumpkin Patch late in the morning and in just about 2 hours had picked three flats of berries! Mostly strawberries, but we got some raspberries as well. We headed home and that afternoon we made 12 pints of jam. Delicioius!



2 comments:

  1. Whatever happened to illegal immigrant labor. You had to pick them yourself!!!! Tons of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could pick that fast. In between holding screaming Bea, trying to feed her berries, tracking down Henry, watching for cars, sifting through the buggy ones, I can hardly get what I want in a full day of picking!

    ReplyDelete