Monday, June 8, 2009

Charles & Lisa's Wedding in Indiana!

This past weekend Thor & I traveled to West Lafayette, IN for my cousin, Charles', wedding. We flew first thing on Friday morning and managed to arrive just in time to make the 7:30 pm rehearsal dinner.


The next morning I caved and made a trip to the WalMart that was across the street from our hotel. Blargh. My feelings towards shopping at Walmart are summed up quite nicely in the first couple of sentences in this blog posting on one of my current favorite blogs: Pacing the Panic Room. (You need to click on his link at the top that says 'Maternity Series' and check out the photos he has taken of his wife throughout her pregnancy. Beautiful.)


Anyhow - after I had satisfied my craving for cheap sunglasses and shoddily sewn sundresses my mom & I tromped back to the hotel and got ready for Charles & Lisa's wedding that afternoon on her grandparent's farm.


A shot of Charles and his best-man (twin brother David) watching Lisa come down the aisle.



Lisa & her Dad (P.S. she sewed her dress herself!!!)






My Mom, William, myself & Thor after the wedding. It was pretty warm & muggy, but not nearly as bad as it could have been. I was thankful for the cooler weather!


William & I at the reception.


Thor, William & I. (Maybe this is after eating delicious wedding cake? I have a pretty big smile on my face!)


One of the highlights of the afternoon was having Grandpa Bill teach us how to drive on one his antique tractors. It was a little tricky driving in my wedges, but I managed to get the clutch down far enough to get 'er moving!

Thor with Bill's large collection of beautiful, antique tractors.

On Saturday night after the wedding some of us went out to dinner at the XXX Family Restaurant. This is near the Purdue University campus where my grandmother got her B.S.. She used to eat at the XXX all the time so this was a real treat to go and sit at the very same bar where she used to hang out in her early twenties (she'll be 92 this fall!)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! And I love Uncle Bill's tractor collection!

    ReplyDelete