Friday, June 12, 2009

Mt.Tabor 2009 - Race 1

Last week was the first race in the annual Mt.Tabor Race Series. For the first time I was doing this series as a Cat 3 racer, and let me tell you, I was NOT looking forward to doing this race with all the faster women! (Very fast, explosive riding uphills. Not my forte.)
About 30 seconds before they started our race they made an announcement that because they were short on time they would be running ALL the women together. This was the best news ever because: a) it meant that my race would be 2 laps shorter than I had thought (6 instead of 8), and b) I would have some Cat 4 women to ride with instead of just doing the Cat 3 race by myself. I ended up getting dead last in my category - which is a first for me - but I'm not actually that upset about it. I rode as hard as I could and thought I was going to have a heart attack on a couple of the hills - so it's not like I was slacking!
Here are some pictures of myself and a couple of my teammates racing last week.

Picture by Jenn Levo

Picture by Jenn Levo

Here's my teammate, Margi, racing in the Cat 4 division. Margi has our new kit on - they are pretty sharp, although the colors are not quite as intense as we thought they would be.

Picture from http://www.sosovelo.com/

And here is Abby racing with the 3's! (she's the furthest on the left in orange & blue).


No comments:

Post a Comment