Thursday, September 4, 2008

Late July Blooms

This post is very late. I recently put most of these spent blooms into the yard waste -- that's how late I am posting these pictures! These flowers were all blooming around the last week of July and into the first week of August.

One of the many dahlia varieties in our yard.


More dahlias - these are on the west side of the house under the lilac tree.


Another dahlia - this is on the most humongous dahlia plant I have ever seen. It is currently planted right smack in the middle of our raised veggie bed, but the tallest dahlia stalks are over 6 feet!


Our hydrangea - it deepened in color towards the middle of the summer and was a bright bush of vibrant purples & blues.


A couple shots of our hostas in our front yard. I never realized that hostas produced a bloom!




A lily.


I am not sure what these are called - but they are in our front yard next to my artichoke.

Another front yard lily variety.


These are Liatris - we have these up in the front yard and down in our park strip.



Black-Eyed Susan....I think? They're in our front yard.


Here's a series of shots of our Orange Trumpet Vine. We thought it was a wisteria for awhile until it bloomed orange! The vine winds around our fence and over the top of our gate that connects the front yard to the side yard on the west side of the house.


A close up of the orange blossom on the Trumpet Vine.





This fuschia lives in a pot in the back yard underneath our Cherry tree.


Another dahlia!

3 comments:

  1. You've taken some beautiful photos of your garden Sarah - you'll be able to savor all that color mid winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful!!!! I have two dahlias, both are wonderful and are full of blossoms right now. You inspire me to photograph them and post them on the blogsite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two! I love getting comments on the blog -- thanks for responding - it's a treat!

    ReplyDelete