Monday, September 15, 2008

Berry picking, biking, Footbal Watching - A Weekend at home, finally!

Friday after work Thor and I took off with Annie & Laea out to 1000 Acres to do some blackberry picking. The dogs wore themselves out chasing the ball while Thor & I picked until it was dark - we got two large containers of blackberries -- enough for me to make 12 half-pint jars of jam on Saturday. Yum! We're all set for the winter.

Saturday Thor went to brunch with some friends while I went to a Cyclocross clinic with my friend Abby. In the afternoon we ran around and did some errands before heading over to our friend's Deb & Jeb's house for a bbq.

Sunday I went to my first cross race (except it wasn't really a true cross race because there weren't any barriers), but it was on the dirt roads and Abby and I both raced our single speed San Jose's for the first time. Abby won - and I got second. Thor surprised me and came out to watch the race with his friend Joe - Here are a few pics that Thor took of me towards the end of our 6 lap race:

Me when I see Thor on the course for the first time - big smile!


At the end of the race going towards the finish line. I was pooped!


I spent the rest of Sunday puttering around in the garden - I pulled out the bean & pea plants that were dying and mixed in some more compost in preparation for the garlic I am going to plant soon. Thor went over to Ethan's house to watch the Broncos vs. Chargers game and was in high-spirits all evening due to the Broncos win by-1 pt. over the Chargers at the end of the game. We finished off the weekend with a pizza on the grill - delicious! It was nice to finally be at home for a weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Thor likes the Broncos?? Sweet! That means if we end up in Denver you guys HAVE to come visit us so he can go to a game....

    ReplyDelete