Monday, September 22, 2008

Hood River Double Cross #1

On Saturday Abby, Michelle & I drove out to Hood River to race at the Hood River Double Cross. It was Abby & I's first 'real' cyclocross race with barriers, run ups and deep sand & gravel. Overall I would say I had a pretty good time....although it was all I could do to stagger up the run up with my bike by the end of the 5th lap. Abby continued to ride like a little mutant on her single speed and ended up 2nd place over all in the Women's B field. I took my camera with me, but completely forgot to take pictures. Fortunately someone made a video short of the race on Saturday - it only has footage of some of the men's races, but it will give you an idea of what the crazy downhill with 180 degree turn at the bottom looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment