Thursday, September 4, 2008

'Hernie' the Hedgehog

Here's the hedgehog I finished for Nick Nardecchia last week. You'll have to ask Stacy about the name -- she christened him Hernie when she was over at my house last week -- it fits him well. I put Hernie through the dryer to try and super shrink him -- it worked really well, but he's still about twice as large as Nick!

I made this guy following FiberTrends' pattern for Huggable Hedgehogs (#228x). The main body is out of Lamb's Pride worsted weight yarn in the color 'Dynamic Blue'. The fuzzy part is a Crystal Palace Yarn, 'SPLASH', in color #9406 (one of the freebie yarns from the Knitting with the Blazers event that some of you went to with me last year).



2 comments:

  1. Laea loves hedgehogs! I think all dogs probably do, so you could have a hedgehog business, just to please the neighbors' dogs. He's a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hernie is adorable - he reminds me of what Annie's hedgehog looked like a few months ago - now it is simply a pelt on the floor!

    ReplyDelete