Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mom's First (!) Camo

I'm skeptical as to whether or not this is actually true, but mom swears this past weekend was her first time donning camo. Hard to believe after 20+ years in Alaska, but there you have it. 

The photo evidence:

We had a gorgeous day in Portland on Saturday - so Thor, Mom and I loaded into the boat Saturday afternoon and hit the Willamette for a little springer salmon fishing. We didn't have any luck - but it was beautiful and ate a lot of dried plums, Mac nuts, and scotch eggs. 

relaxing in the sun

clear view of Mt. Hood (fuzzies complements of my pro photography skills). 

it was a little chillier once we got the boat moving and had the wind to contend with. 

we even ducked out to the Columbia to run around with some of the big barges 

Sunday I headed out to Hood River to get some time in on my mountain bike while Thor headed out to the coast to fish. 

Views from the trail have changed at Hospital Hill due to all the logging.  

Overall I had a great day exploring by myself in the sun. 

And Thor lucked out and caught a couple fish!






No comments:

Post a Comment