Thursday, July 19, 2012

Plains of Abraham - High Cascades here we come!!

On Sunday we went on our final ride before the High Cascade 100 - that's what these pictures are from (Plains of Abraham) - but they're a little out of order. My wrist is actually feeling the most 'normal' it has so far (which i guess is to be expected as it continually heals!) - so I'm feeling really good about starting the race.  I'm still going to need to take it a bit easy and really pay attention to how the rest of my body is feeling - i'm hyper aware that I could easily give myself a different over-use injury at this point since I wasn't able to put in as much ride time in the last 6-weeks as I would have liked - but I feel confident I can honestly self-assess throughout the race, and will pull out if anything feels wonky. I want to be in A+ shape for the Chilcotins!  So worst case scenario is that I have to stop part-way through the race, but I'll still have gotten a nice, long training ride in.   I'm prepared to have a good time no matter how it turns out. :)


Rachel - excited despite the fog

Rachel & Thor riding across the plains after breaking out of the fog at the top of our ride.

My attempt at a self-portrait mid-ride. Noooot so sure it was successful!

Me - on the switch backs at the top.
The wild flowers this time of year are amazing!

Becky - with Josh in the background.

Looking back up towards the lower slopes of St. Helens.

Thor - resting back down in the fog.

Me - hoarding the smokey almonds from Thor. Look at him scolding me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment