Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bend Camping/Riding Weekend

Last weekend we went to Bend to camp with friends, and ride some smooth single-track.  This was a big test on the bike for me so I could see how my arm would fare on the MTB, and it went pretty well.  It wasn't painful to ride, but I could definitely tell afterwards that my arm was a bit irritated and tight. More icing! :)

Our friends Brook, Emily, and Sarah - plus William and Adele  - came down to camp and it was a blast.  The weather was nice and hot, we swam both days in a lovely little swimming hole on the Deschutes, and aside from one incident with a spruce bark beetle (ask Thor about that next time you talk to him. He takes much pleasure in relating this story) the weekend was lovely. An added bonus was we got to have breakfast with our friends Morgan & Dave who are living in Bend for a few weeks this summer. It was fun catching up with them and seeing their daughter, Mira, giggle throughout breakfast.

I had a great talk with my PT on Friday and am feeling much better about the High Cascade 100 coming up this weekend.  He said my arm is right on track for healing, and he would expect it to be sore and irritated now post-riding. We talked about stretches I can do throughout the race, and what sort of feelings to pay attention to in my arm that might indicate I should drop out.  I know feel like I have a much better point-of-reference for gauging how my arm is doing next weekend.  I'm feeling optimistic and excited to go back to Bend to ride!

King of the Mountain!

Brooke & Thor - at the top of Mrazek.
Happy feet post mountain biking.

At the headwaters of the Metolius on our drive back to Portland.
This was from mid-week.  Picking up a load of veggies from Laurie and Dan before heading home to make a huge veggies stir-fry while we all watched SYTYCD!

No comments:

Post a Comment