Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 1: Oakridge

We rolled out of town late Tuesday night after a last minute trip to
the hospital to visit good friends Margi and Scott and their new
little one: Spencer Allan.

We got into oakridge about 11:30pm and immediately lit a campfire and
popped open beers - vacation had started! The next morning we got a
real treat when Ralph pulled out a little box of pastries from Petite
Provence for breakfast - yum!

Ralph, Thor and I headed out on a lovely, leisurely ride on Moon Point
- and then finished up the ride with a ~5 mile section on the Middle
Fork of the Willamette. I learned the importance of shock settings on
this ride! I was just feeling TERRIBLE on my bike - getting bounced
around, riding everything like it was my first time - ugh. It wasn't
until we got to the bottom of the downhill that I remembered Thor had
borrowed my bike and we'd forgotten to reset the shocks afterwards. I
couldn't believe what a difference it made!

We wrapped up the day with a brisk swim in the river, and then piled
in the truck to head over the top of FR 2134 to drop into the umpqua
river valley.

Hooray for vacation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment