Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's Baby Girl Season - Ruffled Pants for Little Ladies!

Last weekend I got busy at the sewing machine and cranked out two pairs of sweet, ruffled pants for some friends of ours who just had baby girls.   The purple pair is for Becky & Daren's new daughter, Avery - and the pink pair is for Andy & Katy's daughter, Ella.

Initially I was worried that the pants were going to be too small, but once I delivered them Katy showed me that the pants were practically taller than Ella right now, so no worries.  Apparently I have absolutely no concept of how big a newborn is. =)

I used the Britches & Bloomers sewing pattern - and it was pretty straight forward and easy to follow. This is a great beginner sewing pattern that can be accomplished in one evening if you need to whip up a quick gift!

Avery's Pants!

Ella's Pants

2 comments:

  1. Where do you do your fabric shopping? Love the prints you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Cottons!

    http://coolcottons.wordpress.com/

    They have great fabrics, and are in SE: 2417 SE Hawthorne

    Pam & Marie that own the place are sooooo friendly and helpful - they're great!

    ReplyDelete