Monday, November 1, 2010

Cross Crusade #5 & #6: Halloween Cx in Astoria!!

A couple of weeks ago Thor and I went to Astoria to race in the Halloween Cx races. I'm so behind on posting that I feel like I just need to get these picks up there! I don't have any of Thor racing (this race overlapped the period where the camera was MIA) - but some friends sent me some pictures from my race - and I'm off the bike running in all of them. There was some really sticky mud!



Eating a nutella/whipped cream waffle post-race on Saturday.
Sunday the 31st was the costume race. Thor decked himself out in his camo turkey hunting shirt, and I went as a figure skater (it's hard to see my costume, but it has a little skirt on it and everything!). Fun times - AND - it was the first time I ever swapped out the gearing on my single speed (thanks to Anna Christensen for showing me how to change my rear cog!). I ran a 36x19 both days - and was quite thankful for the easier gear on the hills and in all the mud.

Racing with the guys in the men's SS category.
Photo by Dave Roth

Thor and I left right after my race so we could get home in time for the trick or treaters - I had barely enough time to carve our pumpkin before they showed up!

AND - you'll get a big chuckle out of the video I'm including. One of the guys on Thor's team dressed up as a gorilla - and someone caught this video. The best part is that he's not actually drunk - he just has absolutely zero peripheral vision out of the monkey suit - so it's impossible to steer his bike!


No comments:

Post a Comment