Sunday, November 21, 2010

2010 OBRA State Champs

Well - I've lost our camera again. BUT - I was able to find a couple pictures from my last cx race of the 2010 season - so I'm finally able to get this post up. The race was the OBRA Cyclocross State Championships - and for the first time ever they ran a women's single speed category! Perfect!!!
I checked out the race flyer, confirmed my start time, and committed to carpooling with pals Margie & Abby down to Salem. My race started at 2PM - so we agreed to roll out of Abby's at 11:15. As we were closing in to the race site Margi looked over the back seat and me and said "aren't you going to start changing?" and I was like "no - why?" - and she said, "well, your race starts at 1." WHAT!??!?!! Sure enough - I had totally read the race flyer incorrectly, and my race did, in fact, start at 1. Ooops. We pulled into the parking lot at about 12:35 - barely enough time to register, get my kit on and roll up to the start line. Eeep! Anyhow - everything went well, and I started the race on time with a solid field of about 20 women - it was a great turn out. The amazing Anna Christiansen came out and killed the field - she is so incredibly strong! I managed to see her about once a lap when there was a clear stretch, but I really had no chance of catching her. I ended up second - and my teammate, Jenn Levo, came in third!

Anna - leading the field out at the start (I'm behind in the orange).

On the podium after the race - I'm on the left!


Clearing a barrier on the backside of the course. Photo by David Roth

1 comment:

  1. You ROCK! I'm so proud to know you, 2nd place at State championships? WOW! NICE WORK!

    ReplyDelete