Monday, October 4, 2010

Cross Crusade #1 - Alpenrose Dairy

Saturday was the first race of the 2010 Cross Crusade series! So much fun - there were over 1500 people racing -including Thor in his very first cyclocross debut! Unfortunately Thor had a less than amazing first time out - with two flats, and a snapped chain. Yuck. AND - I couldn't find any pictures of him online to post, so you'll just have to take my word for it that he was out there. =)
I had a decent race: a very fun race, made less enjoyable by sub-par pre-race nutritional choices (um...leftover birthday cake and a fried egg & bacon sandwich for breakfast. ouch. Like I don't know any better). Let's just say that little egg/cake baby didn't digest well and made itself VERY known during the race once I started to try and push the pace. Ah well, lesson learned.
Aside from that little distraction I had a really fun time out there - and there are some good pictures of me floating around from the race. These next couple were taken by my teammate, Michelle's, husband Matt. What I'm most excited about is how I'm looking around the corner in each of the pictures. This is something I've been working on a lot - so I'm excited to see I'm actually doing it while racing when I'm not thinking about it!




The Alpenrose course is a lot of fun - and includes some fun features like this great stair run up.

See the entire set of pictures by David Roth here.

And last, but not least, a video to keep you occupied if you're procrastinating at work! I don't know the guy who shot it - but thank you Cole Sprague for sharing! The music selection is a little non-traditional, and I would recommend fast forwarding to about 4:30 minutes if you want to watch a full lap of the course - about 5 minutes of video. (Up until 4:30 it's just people running the stairs over-and-over).

No comments:

Post a Comment