Monday, May 31, 2010

Thor's Birthday Suit!

Just kidding! Thor's birthday pajama pants! I realize these are a couple weeks late, but I have a good excuse - my sewing machine broke mid-project and I had to take it into the shop. I had a love/hate relationship with the pattern I used (I can't remember the brand off-hand, but it was a $2.99 pattern from Fabric Depot). HATED: Because I thought the pattern was poorly written without enough detail so I had to go back and redo a couple steps. LOVED: because the pattern was true to size and they fit Thor perfectly - he loves them, and has already said I can make him a second pair!

Here's a close-up shot of the very masculine print I selected for thor's pj's: owls on chartreuse background.

And Thor proudly displaying his new pants. There are a number of changes I would make the second time around - and I've made notes to the pattern so I will remember what I want to do differently. Hopefully my second pair will be easy with no ripping out!



No comments:

Post a Comment