Monday, May 17, 2010

Laea's New Ride

Last Thursday I stopped by our friend, Sarah's, house and picked up her Burley Solo to take Laea on a spin around the city. Sarah found the Burley on Craigslist earlier this year for her dog, Fran, but Fran wasn't such a big fan of getting pedaled around town. Once I actually got Laea up into the trailer she did pretty well - she stayed lying down for the entire ride, and didn't wiggle or do anything. On the first trip we just went about 10 blocks (~10-15 min) to another friend's house and she did great! But on the way home I got ambitious and decided to bike towards downtown to meet Thor on his way home from work. After about 25 minutes Laea started to make little squeaking noises in the back and by 10 minutes later she was full on whining - I've never seen her as happy as when we released her from the trailer! So it looks like little short trips are the ticket for the time being.

Laea in the burley - I have to say I wasn't prepared for quite how difficult it would be to pedal a 70 lb. dog uphill on a single speed!!! I almost had to get off my bike and push it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that whiny assed dog!!! She better get used to the Burley; I see more use in her future. And, Sarah, you will get incredible thighs pedaling that single-speed uphill with her in the Burley!

    ReplyDelete