Monday, March 15, 2010

Hawaii 2010 - Part 3: Hiking

On one of our last days in Hawaii we did the Swinging Bridges hike with Anna - it was beautiful! We had the added benefit of discovering Waihe'e Valley Plantation macadamia nuts which are like crack! Seriously - they are the most delicious mac nut I have ever eaten - they tasted like butter. I did a quick google search and couldn't find a website for them - but here is the phone number that was printed on the bag: 808-244-2120. SO much better than tha Mauna Loa nuts you always see at the airport & tourist shops. If you're going to Hawaii and planning on bringing mac nuts home you should just try to pre-order them from Waihe'e Valley Plantation. (sheesh - listen to me - you would think they were going to send me a crate of nuts for giving them a plug on my blog! wait a minute...maybe i should call them and see if they'll send me a crate of nuts for putting a plug on my blog! hmm.....if thor & i spontaneously gain 40 lbs. each you'll know what happened!)

Mom & I headed up the trail.


A wee snail that Anna shot photos of.


Mom & I on a swinging bridge!

Mom, myself and sweet Anoo!


One of my absolute favorite pictures of the trip!

This picture is ridiculous - I look like I'm trying out for some Broadway production! But I told Anna I would still post it to the blog - so here it is. Have a good chuckle.


No comments:

Post a Comment