Monday, September 21, 2009

Oakridge Weekend - 2009

This past weekend Thor & I rolled down to Oakridge, OR with some friends for two days of amazing mountain biking. We did the exact same trip last year, but I don't think we'll ever get tired of riding these trails - they are so well maintained (thank you Disciples of Dirt) and there is such variety as well!

Saturday we woke up to drizzle and fog - the same conditions as last year. Eight of us shuttled up to ride the Alpine Trail and we were all thoroughly soaked about 20 minutes into the ride!

Here I am riding across a field of beargrass about a quarter of the way down the trail - this is right before the really fun downhill section begins!
A shot of me farther on down the field.


Sarah Sturdy & I - at one of our many snack breaks.


Thor and I at the end of the ride. Happy after some epic downhill riding!


Sunday we woke up to blue skies and sun! A smaller group of us rode Moon Point down to the Middle Fork of the Willamette. Here's a shot of us all pre-ride; this was as organized as I could get people. From the left: Sean (almost completely obscurred by the shade), Katy Nardecchia, Sarah Sturdy (way in the back), Mike Schuller, and Thor (with his back to us).

A very complementary shot of myself chewing on fruit snacks at the top of Moon Point. Thank you for this picture, Thor!

The view from Moon Point.

Sturdy, barreling down the trail!


Myself, riding another section of the Moon Point descent.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! Great pics, it's cool for me to see what the trail looked like.

    ReplyDelete