Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall Jam Making

This past weekend I went to Tacoma to visit my Grammi, and in the evenings my mom & I made us of our free time by cooking up many batches of tasty jam! I went to Hood River with my friend, Michelle, a week ago and we bought some apples & peaches that I needed to process. On Saturday afternoon my mom and I went blackberry picking - so we canned that fruit up as well. All in all we ended up with blackberry jam, peach jam, cardamom peach jam, allspice peach jam and apple sauce. Yummy!


From the left: Blackberry Jam, Cardamom Peach Jam, Allspice Peach Jam, Regular Peach Jam & Gravensteing Apple Sauce.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks so yummy, and just think, I paid $8.00 for a jar of jam at Audrey's store today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...the fruit is not cheap! I think it cost me $22 for the flat of peaches, plus $6 for pectin, plus $10ish for jars....so figure about $40 for a batch of jam, plus labor. I guess you're still coming out at $3-$4 per jar.

    ReplyDelete