Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland....Sort of

Today I was planning on heading up to Mt. Hood with my friend, Michelle , so we could take our rascally black labs (Laea & Skylar) for a romp in the snow. Then I woke up to 3/4" of crusty ice on top of about 6 inches of snow. Buzzkill. Chains are mandatory in Portland today and many of the main highways are closed. Sigh...the only good news about staying inside is that I'll probably finish Thor's Christmas stocking today. As I'm writing this post it is currently raining on top of our snow & ice. Yuck. Here are some pictures of our little house and the ice around our neighborhood.

The house with Laea trotting down the driveway. The icy weather does not deter her from fetching!


Me in the backyard shoveling out a path to our garage.

My car encrusted in ice.


A street sign near our house. We busted the ice of the lower sign so you could see the difference!


Thor at the end of our walk. It started raining on us and our jackets had a layer of ice on them by the time we got home.


Our shoveled out front porch area. This is NOT supposed to happen in Portland. It was cool until it killed all my plants in my garden and now I'm just cranky!

No comments:

Post a Comment