Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving in Alaska

Sorry these pictures are so late! I feel like the past two weeks since we got back from Alaska has been really hectic. We got to AK on Tuesday night and immediately went over to Ian's house (Thor's old roommate) to check out his new pad and say hi. We talked him into coming out to the Bear's Tooth with us and we met up with my Dad and Ralph there for a couple rounds of beer. I was beat by the time we got back to Ralph's house at 12:45am. Wednesday a.m. we got up bright and early to meet my good friend Kristy at Kaladi Brothers. Thor and I felt sort of scandalous for meeting her there because we were delivering her two pounds of coffee from Stumptown here in Portland. I stuffed the bags into her purse and hoped none of our old friends working there noticed.

Wednesday and our first stop was to Summit Tea & Spice to visit our good, good friend Audrey Paule (who owns Summit). Her shop is amazing and filled with such yummy tea & spice blends - I have converted to ordering all my bulk tea and spices from AK - which feels sort of extravagent - but I love supporting Audrey's shop! Here are a bunch of pictures from our weekend up in AK -- I'll make another post with our ski specific shots.

Audrey & I in front of her beautiful wall of teapots. She just received this rainbow assortment the day before we arrived.



Thor & I on the bridge over Campbell Creek at the Lower Bicentennial Parking lot.



Look at all the snow! This is about 4 miles away from the home I grew up in.


Thor sewing up the turkey. With his experience putting stitches in fish he did a great job!


Minor Thanksgiving emergency when the needle for sewing the turkey went down the drain. Oops. Fortunately Ralph is quick at taking the sink apart and putting it back together!

Carving up the turkey.

Our Thanksgiving table.

No comments:

Post a Comment