Friday, January 9, 2015

Tis' The Season to Be....Sick!!!

Well - you've always known that I am a hip, with-it, trendsetter - and this year was no different as I was one of the first people to usher in the flu in Portland - yay!  No one had it when I got sick in early December, but now there are all sorts of articles about the epidemic arriving in Portland - so I was on the cutting edge! Before anyone worries too much we still had really nice, enjoyable holidays - we were just very sick. (That's right: we.  My special gift to Thor who felt the first symptoms on Christmas Eve). 

We were fortunate to get to spend time with family over the holidays anyways though. Mom, William, Sheri and Fred came over for Christmas - and the only flu casualty was William (sorry little bro!) I managed to capture some pictures of our veeeeery low key day. 

I actually think this is Xmas Eve. Abby and Lucy take up residence on the green couch with Sheri. 

The stockings we're hung by the chimney with care...

Our lovely tree that mom came over to help decorate when I wasn't feeling well. 

Christmas morning tradition! Arabic Date/Farina 'cookies' - not too sweet. 

Slowly getting moving Christmas morning. 

Don't forget Uncle Fred!

We kept the dogs busy munching on treats - there were four of them!

William and Thor showing me some Christmas stoke. This is right before Thor really started to head downhill. 

A gift that really make us laugh: custom his/hers Nutella jars! Mom and William got some too. Aunt Julie picked them up in London. Really fun!

I was impressed that my christmas table came out looking so festive. Domestic, wifely hosting skills = A+ (at least for this go around)!

And all filled up with Christmas cheer! William carves the prime rib like a pro! 


What's a family holiday without a little movie action? We were a slow crew - so we spent the day watching classics that not all of us had seen. A Christmas Story (you'll shoot your eye out!) in the afternoon, and A Princess Bride in the evening.

a day after christmas I started to feel peppier - so Will, Mom and I headed out to dinner. This is 12-hrs before William came down with the dreaded bug. 

New Year's Day. We were both feeling well enough that I dragged Thor out for breakfast at a tasty little fresh food cafe called Harlow. Doesn't he look sweet? It was a nice, relaxing, mellow way to kick off the New Year. 

Happy 2015 Everyone!





















No comments:

Post a Comment