Saturday, January 17, 2015

Holiday Walking With Mom

Throughout my entire flu mom insisted on coming over to see me (which I appreciated!), but I was quite concerned she would get sick (she didn't). Probably the best part was that as I began to get more strength we started going on walks around the neighborhood just to check out the houses, the different styles of architecture, and the yards - it turned out to be a lot of fun! 

The Friday after New Years my lungs were doing well so we decided to branch out and hit a hiking trail, so we headed out to the Gorge and were treated to some spectacular frozen falls. 

Horsetail Falls

The amount of ice that had accumulated on the rocks in the pool was pretty incredible. 

Higher up on the trail, a different set of falls. We actually had to turn around here because the trail was completely iced over behind the falls. (I didn't need a second holiday where I was the child that just happened to be with mom when she broke her leg! 😳) 


Don't mind our cut off chins. We had one that captured our entire heads, but mom's eyes were closed. 

In the undercut behind the falls before the trail iced over. 

Sookie! Our sweet hiking buddy for the day. She is such a good listener these days we can let her roam off leash for the majority of the hike. A real treat for both parties!

And just one more waterfall. I can't get enough of these during the winter when the edges freeze - they are so stunningly beautiful. 










No comments:

Post a Comment