Saturday, April 19, 2014

Can't say no to good times: fun, fun and a little tiling

The weekend is almost upon us which means it must be time for me to post my belated pictures from last weekend!

The theme was consistent: fishing and biking with some kitchen work squished in for good measure. 

Saturday - fishing with mom! Gorgeous sunny skies - but no fish in the boat at the end of the day. 


It was fairly windy out which made fishing tricky, but the sail boat watching was excellent! Everyone had their beautiful spinnakers up. Very festive. 

Isn't this a lovely picture I got of Mom? I can only hope to have such lovely skin and coloring when I am her age!

We thought we'd head back at a reasonable hour, but then I saw another boat pull in a fish and begged to stay out for one more pass. Well- it was a royal mess! We (I) managed to tangle my line horribly - and then mom and thors line got all snagged up.
   I think the river gods we're trying to send us a message to go home!

Worse than untangling yarn because your hands smell like herring!


Sunday brought biking! We headed out to ride - and mom did a long hike. we ran  into each other midway - and decided to get food together afterwards. 


Gorgeous and clear!


I think I've said this before, but I never get tired of this view. 

Celebrating a successful day of sunny recreation by grabbing a pint and nachos (canceled out by our sensible salad, of course) on Everybody's Brewing's outside porch. Perfect!

Aaaaand - I know you've already seen this - but we also managed to squeeze in wrapping up all the grouting. Success!

















No comments:

Post a Comment